I am totally new to blogging but through this journey, I have felt an overwhelming need to write about my experiences. I hope that my story is helpful, interesting and moving to those who read it.

Friday, March 18, 2011

I haven't been back on here in a while now.  Honestly, I haven't felt like I had anything positive to say and figured it was better left alone.  Well, now I feel like venting so here goes...........

I am soooo very frustrated right now.  We started this adoption process over a year ago now and we are still waiting.  The wait was to be expected our first time around since we were in the infant adoption program.  However, this time we were told the average wait was 3-6 months for a match in the "special needs" program.  Special needs simply means thru the foster system.  Now, technically our approved home study was completed end of May or beginning of June so we haven't been approved for quite a year, but the paperwork and classes and all that business started over a year ago.   At any rate, I am growing more and more frustrated and feeling very discouraged.  I am trying to stay strong in faith and logically I know that God's plan is the only plan and I have to be patient and wait for what He has in store for our family.  It is however easier said than done. 
So, I am not sure if anyone cares or not but I am not purposely neglecting this blog.  I simply haven't had anything nice to say so figured I would just not say anything.  So, I will keep praying for the right match for our family and post again soon.

Shelley G.

No comments:

Post a Comment