I am totally new to blogging but through this journey, I have felt an overwhelming need to write about my experiences. I hope that my story is helpful, interesting and moving to those who read it.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The day I met my son

So, it was just over 6 years ago and my husband called me as I was leaving work.  He said he just got a call from our worker that there was a baby boy at the hospital and were we interested?  Immediate reaction of course was "YES!!!!"  Well, he was sick and they were trying to figure out what was going on with him. Still our reaction was a big fat YES!  Here's the biggest problem, we had to wait until the next day to meet him.  Talk about torture!  So, we came home and cleaned the house figuring that we had to do something to keep ourselves busy and knowing that people would be coming to visit once we brought the baby home.  We cleaned and tried to sleep and I don't believe we were very successful with the sleep part, way too much adrenaline!
We got to the hospital and went to the ICU where he was sleeping.  I can still picture the moment perfectly in my mind, I saw my baby for the first time.  From the very moment I laid eyes on him, I knew he was MY baby.  Finally, I had my baby!  He was the most beautiful baby I have ever seen and although I am biased, I swear it's an absolute fact.  I cried and I immediately had to hold him.  Ahhhh, it was the most perfect moment of my life.  We were a family and it just felt so amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment