I am totally new to blogging but through this journey, I have felt an overwhelming need to write about my experiences. I hope that my story is helpful, interesting and moving to those who read it.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Another disappointment and mixed feelings

Recently, we were matched with a sibling pair.  We never got to meet the children but their worker contacted us, interviewed us and selected us.  There was a long history to sort thru and in the end there were too many concerns for us to move forward.  This was not taken lightly and not done without guilt.  Since then I have been checking the website praying that they will be matched.  They so deserve to have a forever family and people that will love them unconditionally.  It just wasn't the right match for our family for reasons I cannot get into. 
Today, I looked and see that they have been matched.  It is a bitter/sweet feeling. I am so glad they have been matched but kind of sad because there was a time when I was picturing them as part of my family. Even though we had not met them, in my heart and mind, they were already part of my family.  It's a strange feeling.  All I can do is continue to pray and have faith in God's plan. 

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment