I am totally new to blogging but through this journey, I have felt an overwhelming need to write about my experiences. I hope that my story is helpful, interesting and moving to those who read it.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Another home visit

So, today we had another home visit.  This one is for our foster license.  It went very well.  We are getting to know our social worker pretty well by now so these visits get more comfortable but are still nerve racking.  It's another one of those experiences that you don't understand unless you have been through it.  As I have said many times, this is a very invasive process and I understand that they are putting children in our care and therefore have to do what they can to ensure we are a safe home/ family.  However, it still feels very strange to have people come into our home and assess how good of parents they think we will be to a child. 
In any case, the visit went well and we are really ready to grow our family.  We have been through a lot with this process and are really anxious for another child.  More to come on the details of what all we have been through.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment